If you are looking for similar recipes then do check Keerai Sambar, Dondakaya Pulusu, Ash Gourd Pindi Miriyam, Mango Pulusu, Kathirikai Rasavangi, Ponnaganti Majjiga Pulusu, Kakarakaya Pulusu and Vellarikka Pulissery and Gongura Pulusu Kura.
Sweet Potato Kulambu / Tamilnadu Style Sweet Potato Tamarind Gravy
- 1 cup Sweet Potato, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 4 tsp Sambar Powder
- 1 – 2 tsp Jaggery
- Small lemon sized Tamarind (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- A few Curry Leaves
- A pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 -15 minutes. Squeeze the extract from tamarind and set aside. Discard the pulp.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add the mustard seeds and chana dal. Once they start to splutter, add the fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and hing and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until they are transparent.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes and turmeric to it and saute for a minute.
- Add the sambar powder, 2 cups of tamarind extract, jaggery and salt.
- Dilute the rice flour in little water and add it to the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook on a medium flame until the pieces are soft.
- When the gravy thickens, remove it from the flame.
- Serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Aratikaya Palakura Koora
- Palak Sev
- Gutti Vankaya Kobbari Karam
- Sweet Potato Podi Curry
- Sweet Potato Halwa
- Sweet Potato Chaat
- Eggless Banana Cake
- Bellam Paramannam