Recipe Reference : Sanjeev Kapoor
- Toor Dal / Split Pigeon Peas : ½ cup
- Milk : ½ cup
- Green Chillies : 2
- Dried Red Chillies : 2 – 4
- Garlic Cloves, chopped :2
- Cumin Seeds : ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of hing
- Oil : 2 tsp
1. Pressure cook the rinsed toor dal and chopped green chillies with one cup of water till 3 whistles.Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure go off.
2. Remove the dal mixture from the cooker and add the salt and turmeric powder and bring to a boil.
3. Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the cumin seeds, chopped garlic, hing and broken red chillies and saute till fragrant.
4. Pour the tadka into the simmering toor dal and mix well.
5.Now add the milk and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame
7. Serve hot with rice or roti.