If you are looking for more sweet recipes then do check Gur Para, Nuvvula Appalu, Mawa Sesame Laddu, Doda Burfi, Kulkuls, Gulab Jamun, Mawa Besan Laddu, Modak, Rasgulla, Kaju Katli and Custard Powder Halwa.
Mohan Thal Recipe / Gujarati Style Chickpea Flour Fudge
Hari Chandana PIndian, GujaratiDessert, Sweets
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Makes: about 15 pieces
recipe adapted from here
- 1 cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 1/2 cup Khoya / Mawa, crumbled
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 2 – 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Almonds and Pistachios for Garnish
- More than 1/2 cup Water
- Take the gram flour in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee to it and mix until well combined.
- Then add the milk to the flour mixture and knead it well to a make dough.
- Cover and set aside for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a pan, add the sugar and water and let the sugar dissolves completely.
- Let the syrup boil for 1 – 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- To roast the besan dough, heat the remaining ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the besan dough to the ghee and roast the continuously on a medium flame for 7 – 8 minutes or till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the crumbled khoya and continue roasting for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then add the prepared sugar syrup and cardamom powder and mix well. Keep stirring until it becomes very thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour the mixture on a greased plate. Sprinkle the roasted nuts on top and press gently.
- Let it cool completely to set and cut into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Methi Na Gota
- Diwali Sweets
- Savory Diamond Cuts
- Banana Chips
- Godhuma Undrallu
- Roasted Makhana
- Mirch Bajji
- Kara Sev
- Pazham Pori
- Butter Murukku