Pesara Poornalu / Pasi Paruppu Suzhiyan / Suzhiyam Recipe:
and soak the urad dal and rice overnight or for 6 hours. Wash and soak
the moong dal in water for 2 – 3 hours.
2. Drain the water from urad dal
and grind to a smooth paste adding little water. It should be like a thick dosa batter.
3. Add the salt to the urad
dal batter and set aside.
4. Now drain the water from moong dal and grind
into a smooth paste adding very little water.
5. Pour the moong dal batter
into greased idli plates and steam cook for 12 – 15 minutes. Switch off
the heat and allow it to cool. Chop and grind the pieces and set aside
6. In a
heavy bottomed vessel, mix the powdered jaggery and water. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery
and allow the jaggery to melt.
7. When boiling bubbles appear, add the moong dal mixture and grated coconut and mix well.
on a medium
flame till it forms a thick mixture. When it thickens,
add the cardamom powder and mix well.
9. Allow it to cool and roll into a
round shape balls. Heat enough oil in a frying pan.
10. Then dip each moong
dal ball in the urad dal batter and let it coat evenly.
11. Then gently
drop them into the hot oil. Deep fry them till golden brown color.
12. Remove from the oil and serve.