Amaranth Flour Burfi Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 15 pieces
- ½ cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgira Atta
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Melted Ghee
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Almonds
- Dry roast the amaranth flour in a heavy bottomed pan till the color changes to light golden brown color. Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it near the stove.
- Roast the sliced almonds in a teaspoon of ghee and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and little water
in a heavy bottomed pan and place over low flame.
- The amount of water
should be just enough to soak the sugar and make a syrup of half thread
- Now add the roasted flour and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously. Add the melted ghee little by little while stirring the mixture.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides & bottom of the pan, turn off the flame. Immediately pour the mixture on a greased tray.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and press gently.
- Let it cool a bit and cut into desired shapes.
- Let them cool completely and store in a airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes:
New recipe to me. looking great. wish to taste it 🙂
Gujarati Zaika says
wow delicious and perfect for this fasting days…send your recipes to my Ongoing Event:Cooking With Love – Sister
Ongoing event- 1st Anniversary winner's choice giveaway
such gorgeous burfi. Perfect for rakhi.
Udai Shanker says
Very good recipe.
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says
Thank you! 🙂