|~ Menthi Koora Jonna Pindi Rottelu ~|
- Jowar Flour / Sorghum Flour : 1.5 cups
- Fenugreek Leaves : 1 cup, packed
- Roasted Cumin Powder : 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder : 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the fenugreek leaves and fry for 2 - 4 minutes and set aside.
2. Bring 1.5 cups of water to boil. Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and roasted fenugreek leaves and mix well.
3. Now add the sorghum flour, combine with water by stirring it well.
4. Switch off the heat immediately. Cover with a lid and allow it to cool.
|Sorghum Flour and Fenugreek Leaves Roti|
5. Knead the dough till soft and divide into balls.
6. Roll out each dough ball into a circle, using wheat flour for dusting.
7. Put the roti on a hot pan, cook for a minute. Add a little oil around the edges, turn and fry the other side.
8. When light brown patches appear on both sides take into a bowl and cover with a lid immediately. Serve with raita.