|Pesarapappu Payasam / Pasi Paruppu Payasam|
1. Crush the cardamom seeds coarsely with a mortar and pestle and keep it aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan. Add and fry the cashew nuts. Set aside when the nuts turn golden brown color.
3. In the same pan, add and fry the moong dal until it turns light golden brown.
4. Pressure cook the roasted moong dal with 2 cups of water for 3 whistles. Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure go off.
5. Add the powdered jaggery to cooked dal and allow the jaggery to melt.
6.Now add the milk, ghee roasted cashews and cardamom powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Serve as a dessert.