|Ela Ada / Ila Ada / Vazhayila Ada Recipe|
- Rice Flour : 1 cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut : 1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery : 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Ghee : t tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Plantain Leaves
1. Slightly roast the rice flour for a couple of minutes and cool.
2. Combine the rice flour and salt in a wide bowl.
3. Add required boiling water to make a soft dough. Allow it to cool a little.
4. Grease your hands with oil / ghee and knead the dough till soft. The dough should be soft and smooth.
5.Mix the jaggery and water in a pan. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery and make a thick syrup.
6.Then add the grated coconut and cardamom powder to it and cook for a couple of minutes. Switch off the flame and cool.
7. Divide the dough into medium or large size balls.
8. Place each ball in the center of plantain leaf and flatten it to form a thin poori. Place a tablespoon of coconut mixture on it and fold the leaf to seal the edges.
9. Repeat the same process with rest of the dough.
10. Now steam cook for 10 - 12 minutes in idly cooker or steamer. Switch off the flame and let them cool completely.
11. Take the steamed dumplings from the idly cooker, remove the plantain leaf and serve as a evening snack.