|Mixed Veg Broken Wheat Upma|
- Broken Wheat / Cracked Wheat : 1 cup
- Mixed Vegetables : 1.5 cups ( I use carrots, beans, fresh peas, tomatoes and potatoes )
- Onion : 1 medium sized
- Chopped Ginger : 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Chana Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Green Chillies : 3
- Dried Red Chillies : 2
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, cumin seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
2. Then add the red chillies, chopped green chillies, curry leaves and ginger and fry for a minute.Now add the chopped onions and fry till the onions are translucent.
3. Sprinkle water, close with a lid and cook until the pieces become tender. When it's done, add 2 cups of water and salt and mix. Close the lid and bring the water to a boil on high flame.
4. Remove the lid and reduce the flame to low. Then add the broken wheat and mix well. Cover and cook until done.
5. Serve hot with chutney or fresh yogurt.