|Beetroot Poori with Onion Besan Curry|
Preparation & Cooking Time : 40 mins
Serves : 4 persons
- Beetroot : 1 medium sized
- Wheat Flour : 1.5 cups
- Ajwain Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
1. Wash, peel and chop the beetroot into pieces.
2. Add enough water to cover the beetroot pieces and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
3. Switch off the flame and wait until the pressure go off. Remove the cooked beetroot from the cooker and let cool.
4. Grind the beetroot into a smooth puree and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour, salt and ajwain seeds and mix well. Now add the beetroot puree and mix well.
6. Knead the dough well until it is pliable.
7. Divide the dough into equal size lime balls.
8. Roll the dough ball into a circle with little thickness. Remember, if it is too thin then poor will not puff up.
9. Deep fry the poori in hot oil. Remove from the oil serve with any spicy curry.
|Quick Onion and Besan Curry|