Besan Peda / Besan Khova Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 40 - 50 mins
Makes about 25 -30 pedas
1. Dry roast the gram flour in a heavy bottomed pan till the raw smell disappears and its turns a light brown color. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. In a big and heavy bottomed vessel, bring the milk to a boil. Heat the milk in a low to medium flame and stir frequently.
3. Boil the milk till it reduce to half in the volume.
4. Now add the sugar to the milk and allow the sugar to melt.
5. Then add the roasted chickpea flour and mix very well to avoid any lumps. Keep stirring continuously. Add the ghee little by little while stirring the mixture.
6. When the mixture starts leaving the sides & bottom of the pan, turn off the flame.
7. Immediately pour the mixture on a greased tray and let it cool completely.
8. When the mixture cools down, grease your hands with ghee and roll the mixture into small round balls.
- You can also check other Sweets recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Besan here
- Back to Recipe Index