Wood Apple / Elephant Apple Yogurt Chutney Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves: 4 persons
Wood Apple / Elephant Apple: 1
Fresh Yogurt: 1 cup
Chopped Ginger : 1 tsp
Green Chillies : 4
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Chana Dal : 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal : 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Cilantro : 2 sprigs
Oil: 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Break the wood apple and scoop out the pulp.
2. In a pan, cover the wood apple pulp with water and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off the heat and after it cools grind into a paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan for tempering. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter. When the seeds stop tossing, add the chopped green chillies and chopped ginger and fry for another few seconds. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
4. Combine the tempered ingredients, salt, turmeric powder, wood apple paste, yogurt and chopped cilantro in a mixing bowl.
5. Mix very well and serve with hot steamed rice or roti.