Eggless Finger Millet Thumbprint Cookies Recipe:
Makes about 20 cookies
Finger Millet Flour / Ragi Flour: 1 cup
Unsalted Butter: ½ cup, softened
Powdered Sugar: ½ cup
Vanilla Essence : ½ tsp
A pinch of Salt
Cashews : ½ cup
Fruit Jam : 4 tbsp (I uses mixed fruit jam here)
Water: ½ cup
Sugar : 1 tsp
Corn Flour: 1 tsp
1. To toast the nuts, preheat
the oven to 180 degree C. Spread the cashew nuts on a baking tray and
bake them for 7 – 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool
completely. Chop or grind the nuts coarsely and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add a teaspoon of sugar, corn flour and water and beat it until frothy. Keep it aside.
3. Sieve / mix the flour and salt together and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
a bowl, combine the softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla essense
and beat it until light and fluffy.
6. Add the mixed flour to the butter
mixture and mix everything to make a dough.
7. Divide the dough into 20 balls. Dip the each ball into the corn flour mixture and then
lightly roll in the prepared nuts.
8. Place them on a baking tray spacing
about 1 inch apart.
9. Using your thumb or a small cap, make a indention
into the center of each dough ball. Now fill each indention with melted
10. Bake for about 13 – 15 minutes 180 degree C.
11. Then remove from
the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes before taking them of
the baking tray.
12. Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in a airtight container.
Ami Patel says
cant wait to try for my toddler 🙂 great blog.