Quick Indian Oats Upma Recipe:
Oats: 1 cup
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies: 2 – 3
Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp or to taste
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal: 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal: 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
Oil: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast the oats until light brown color, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal and
let them splutter.
3. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a
couple of seconds. Then add the finely chopped onions and fry until light
4. Add the roasted oats, salt and turmeric powder to it and
mix well. Sprinkle very little (about 3 tbsp) water and cover with a
5. Let it cook on a low flame until it becomes soft. Open the lid and fry for a couple of minutes. Switch off the
flame and add the lemon juice. Serve hot.