- ½ cup Rajma / Kidney Beans
- 2 – 3 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- A pinch of Hing
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and soak the kidney beans overnight in enough water.
- Drain and pressure cook them with water and little salt for 4 whistles.
- Drain and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, broken red chillies and hing and stir for a couple of seconds.
- Now add the cooked kidney beans, salt and turmeric powder. Mix and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the finely grated coconut to it and fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve.