Healthy and easy South Indian breakfast recipe made with poha or flattened rice, onions and tomatoes.
Few More Poha Recipes:
How to make Tomato Poha Upma Recipe below:
Tomato Poha Recipe
Quick and healthy Indian breakfast or dinner dish with flattened rice and tomatoes.
- 3.5 cups Medium Thick Poha / Flattened Rice
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash poha with plenty of water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal and let them splutter.
- Add the finely chopped green chillies and curry leaves. Then add the sliced onions and fry until they are transparent.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and chopped tomatoes to it and cook until they are mushy.
- Now add the drained poha to the tomato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.
Nutrition values are estimates only.