|Ullipaya Mettha Pakodi / Bajji ~ Onion Soft Pakoda|
- Onions : 2 medium sized
- Besan : 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour : 1/4 cup
- Chopped Green Chillies : 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp (Optional )
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of cooking soda
- Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and chop the onions into a small pieces and set aside.
2. Combine the both flours with salt, red chilli powder, curry leaves, soda, green chillies and cumin powder.
3.Add enough water to make a thick batter, similar to idly batter. Mix very well and set aside.
4. Heat enough oil for deep frying in a frying pan.
5. Take a small portion of batter and drop them into the hot oil.
6. Deep fry the fritters until golden brown and crispy and remove from the oil.
7. Serve on a cloudy day with a cup of hot tea.