|~ Tomato & Peanut Pachadi ~|
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 minsServes : 4 persons
- Tomatoes : 3 small sized
- Peanuts : 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies : 3 - 4
- Tamarind : 1 inch piece
- Dried Red Chillies : 1 or 2
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/8 tsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Dry roast the peanuts till they change color. Remove from the flame and let them cool completely.
2. Rub the roasted peanuts with hands to remove the skins.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add the split green chillies and fry for a minute. Take them out and set aside.
4. Now add the chopped tomato, tamarind and turmeric to the pan and cook till tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
5. Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
6. Grind the roasted peanuts and fried green chillies into a powder. Now add the cooked tomatoes, salt and water and grind again.
7. Transfer the chutney to a bowl and set aside.
8. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
9. When the seeds stop popping, add the curry leaves, broken red chillies and hing. Stir for a couple of seconds and switch off the heat. Pour over the chutney and combine well.