Rava Vada / Ravva Vadai Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 - 30 mins
Makes about 15 - 17
Semolina / Suji : 1 cup
Yogurt : 3/4 cup
Onion : 1 big sized
Chopped Green Chillies: 4
Grated Ginger : 1 - 2 tsp
Cilantro / Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped onion, semolina, curd, salt, chopped ginger, chopped chillies and curry leaves. Mix very well and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil for deep frying the vadas. Apply little oil or water on palm and take a small amount of semolina mixture, flatten lightly with fingers and drop it into hot oil.
4. Deep fry them until golden brown color and crispy and remove from the oil.
5. Serve on a cloudy day with a cup of hot coffee or tea.