Kobbari Pongali / Sweet Coconut Pongal Recipe for Sankranthi:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 25 mins
Serves: 4 persons
Raw Rice: 1/2 cup
Grated Fresh Coonut: 1/2
Powdered Jaggery : 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
Moong Dal: 1/4 cup
Milk: 3/4 cup
Water: 1 and half cups
Melted Ghee: 3 tbsp
Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
Cashews and Raisins
1. Wash the rice and moong dal. Add one and half cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Switch off the flame and wait until pressure gets released by itself .
3. Add the powdered jaggery, grated fresh coconut, cardamom powder and milk to it. Mix and cook until the jaggery melts. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashews and fry until light golden color. Now add the raisins and fry them until they puff and golden brown color.
5. Remove from the heat and pour over the cooked rice mixture. Combine well and serve.