Sugar : 1 cup
Butter : 3/4 cup
Cardamom Pods : 4
Almonds : 8
Ghee : 2 tsp
1. Dry roast the gram flour in a heavy bottomed pan till the raw smell disappears and its turns a light brown color. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Roast the sliced almonds in a teaspoon of ghee until light golden in color and set aside.
3. Grease a plate with ghee and keep it near the stove.
4. Combine the sugar and little water in a heavy bottomed pan and place over low flame. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the sugar and make a syrup of one thread consistency.
5. Then add the gram flour and freshly ground cardamom and mix very well to avoid any lumps.
8. Immediately pour the mixture on a greased tray and level it with a spatula.
9. Sprinkle the roasted almonds and press gently.
10. When it is still hot, cut into desired shapes. Let them cool completely and store in a airtight container.
11. Serve a sweet snack.