Super moist, simple, flavorful and easy cake made with mango puree. It is SO good with a cup of coffee or tea!
What is vegan mango cake?
This mango cake is a super simple, moist and easy cake recipe without butter, eggs and milk. It is one of the delicious and flavorful cake recipes that doesn’t require any frosting.
Can I use canned mango pulp?
Absolutely! You can use any kind of mango puree in this recipe. If you are using the canned ones, you will need to reduce the quantity of sugar a bit as the canned puree is slightly sweetened.
How long can I store it?
If you refrigerate it properly in an airtight container, it stays well for about 4-5 days.
Can I freeze it?
Yes, slice the cake and wrap each slice in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag or container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Whenever you need a slice thaw the frozen slice on the countertop.
This delicious mango cake is so good when served with a cup of coffee or tea. This can be served as a dessert as well.
Step by step preparation:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Combine the plain flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and sieve everything together to ensure even mixing. Keep this aside until use.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the fruit puree, sugar, oil and vanilla extract until combined.
Add the sifted flour to the puree mixture and mix until the batter shows no trace of flour.
Make sure you don’t over mix or overbeat the batter.
Grease a baking tin with oil and pour the batter to it.
Immediately place the tin in the preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Allow it to cool down for 10 -15 minutes and invert.
Let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Serve & enjoy!
Few more vegan baking recipes:
- Vegan cranberry orange muffins
- Avocado brownies
- Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Banana sorghum muffins
Recipe adapted from Holy Cow
Vegan mango cake recipe video:
Vegan Mango Cake – Easy Eggless Mango Cake Recipe
- 1 ½ cup Plain Flour / All-purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cup Fresh Mango Pulp / Puree
- ⅓ cup Oil
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheatthe oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and sieve together to ensure even mixing. Keep this aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the mango puree, sugar, oil and vanilla extractuntil combined.
- Add the sifted flour to the mango mixture and mix untilthe batter shows no trace of flour. Don’t overmix or overbeat.
- Grease abaking tin with oil and pour the batter to it.
- Bake in preheated ovenat 180 degree C for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into themiddle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 10-15 minutes and then the invert in a wire rack.
- Let it cool completely and slice.
Nutrition values are estimates only.