Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins – Easy, soft and delicious muffins made with dried cranberries and orange juice. These are great with a cup of coffee or tea!
What are cranberry orange muffins?
Orange Cranberry Muffins are super simple and very flavorful sweet made with freshly squeezed orange juice, orange zest and dried cranberries. These eggless muffins are packed with the flavor of oranges and cranberries.
How long can you store them?
They stay well at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you want to store them for longer, I would suggest storing them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 2 months. Just thaw them before serving and warm them up if needed.
Can I use store-bought orange juice?
Absolutely! use a good quality store-bought orange juice. However, I would recommend not to skip the orange zest as it gives a wonderful flavor.
These are so versatile. Serve them as a snack, dessert or breakfast. They are great with a cup of coffee or tea.
Sugar: Once you filled the muffin cups with the batter, sprinkle a good amount of granulated sugar on top and bake. It gives a lovely look to the muffins.
Glaze: If you want to add the extra flavor and sweetness to the muffins, drizzle vanilla glaze or orange glaze over the baked and cooled muffins.
Powdered sugar – Simply dust the baked muffins with some powdered sugar. It gives a little extra sweetness.
Step by step instructions
To soften the cranberries, soak them in hot water for 15 – 20 minutes and drain completely.
Before preparing the batter, preheat the over to 180 degrees C.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, orange zest and salt. Mix everything until well combined.
Add the soaked and drained cranberries to the flour mixture and mix.
Finally, add orange juice and gently fold the mixture until combined. Do not over-mix or over-beat the batter. The muffins will be flat if you over-mix the batter.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with the prepared batter.
Immediately place them in the preheated oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Few more vegan baking recipes on the blog:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Avocado Brownies
- Vegan Mango Fruit Cake
- Vegan Cardamom Cupcakes
- Vegan Banana Cake
- Vegan Sorghum Muffins
- Vegan Mango Cake
Eggless cranberry orange muffins recipe card:
Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Soak the dried cranberries in hot water for 15 – 20 minutes and drain completely.
- Preheat the over to 180 degree C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, orange zest and salt. Mix everything until well combined.
- Add the soaked and drained cranberries to the flour mixture and mix.
- Finally add the orange juice and gently fold the mixture until combined. Do not over-mix the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Immediately place them in the preheated oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for few minutes and transfer to a wire rack. let them cool completely.
- Serve as breakfast, snack or dessert.