Lobia Sandwich Recipe – Indian style toasted sandwich stuffed with savory black-eyed peas filling.
Lobia Sandwich Recipe or Cowpea Toast Sandwich Recipe – This is a healthy and delicious Indian style toast sandwich recipe made with black-eyed peas and some Indian spices. This toasted sandwich is very easy to make and can be served as a breakfast or snack.
Few More Sandwich Recipes on the blog:
- Bombay Veg Toast Sandwich
- Bombay Veg Sandwich
- Peanut Butter Apple Banana Sandwich
- Paneer Bhurji Toast Sandwich
- Fairy Bread Sandwich
How to Make Lobia Sandwich Recipe below:
Black Eyed Peas Toast Sandwich Recipe - Lobia Sandwich Recipe
- 1/4 cup Black Eyed Peas
- 6 units Bread Slices
- 1 small Onion
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed
- 2 tbsp Butter or Oil to toast
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- Wash and soak the black eyed peas or lobia in a lot of water overnight.
- Drain water and pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles with fresh water.
- Mash the cooked lobia well and set aside.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add the ginger garlic paste and finely chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
- Add the mashed lobia, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala and turmeric powder to it and mix well until well combined.
- Sprinkle little water and let it cook for a few minutes.
- It should be easily spreadable. Add more water if it is too dry.
- Then add the chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice. Mix well and let it cool down a bit.
- Spread this prepared mixture in between your 2 bread slices and toast on a pan with a little butter or oil until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.