|Pakundalu ~ Andhra Traditional Festival Recipe|
- Homemade Rice Flour : 2 cups
- Powdered Jaggery : 1 cup
- grated Coconut : 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder : ½ tsp
- Ghee / Oil
and soak the rice overnight and drain the water completely.
2. Then grind
the rice into a very fine powder and sieve it.
3. The flour should be
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, add the powdered jaggery and
little water and cook till it melts.
2. Strain the jaggery water to remove
3. And bring back to heat and cook on a low flame till it becomes
thick syrup ( 2 thread consistency ). To test, add a few drops of
jaggery syrup to the cold water, and it should become lumpy.
4. Switch off
the flame and add the cardamom powder, grated coconut and a tablespoon
of ghee to it and mix .
5. Slowly add the rice flour and mix well without
forming any lumps.
6. Mix very well to make a soft dough and allow it to
7. Divide the dough into a small and smooth balls and set
8. Heat ghee / oil in a deep frying vessel. And deep fry the dough
balls till it becomes golden brown color on medium flame.
9. Remove from
the oil and cool.
10. Store in a airtight container and serve as a sweet