Spring Onion Pakora or Hare Pyaaz Ke Pakode is a delectable Indian snack made with spring onions, gram flour and spices. A perfect tea time snack!
Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe – These pakoras are super quick to make with very few ingredients and perfect to pair with tea coffee or tea. These Spring Onion Fritters are also called as Hare Pyaaz ke Pakode and Ulli Kadala Pakodi.
More Snack Recipes from the blog:
- Andhra Lauki Vada
- Rajasthani Mirchi Bada
- Broccoli Pakora
- Cabbage Pakoda
- Kaddu Pakora
- Veg Bread Pizza
- Pyaz Ki Kachori
- Corn Methi Pakora
How to Prepare Spring Onion Pakora Recipe Video below:
Spring Onion Pakora - Indian Spring Onion Fritters Recipe
How to Make Hara Pyaz Ke Pakode or Spring Onion Pakora Recipe with step by step photos and video.
- ½ cup Spring Onions
- 6 tbsp Besan
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- ½ tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and chop the green spring onions. Use the green part only.
- Combine the chopped spring onions, besan, rice flour, salt, chilli powder, chopped green chilli, garam masala, ginger and turmeric powder and mix until well combined.
- Keep it aside for 5 minutes and rub the mixture well with your fingers.
- Add a very little water to the mixture and make a very thick batter.
- Take a small portion of the batter and drop in hot oil.
- Deep fry till golden brown color.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Calories: 246kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 6gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 31mgPotassium: 259mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 450IUVitamin C: 4.7mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1.6mg
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?Mention @iamharichandana or tag #blendwithspices!
Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe with Step by Step Photos:
- Wash and chop the green part of the spring onions and set aside.
- FInely chop the green chillies and ginger and set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chopped spring onions, chopped chilli, chopped ginger, salt, turmeric powder, gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Mix everything well until well combined using your hand or spatula.
- Keep this mixture aside for 5 minutes.
- Now rub the mixture well with your finger for a minute.
- Sprinkle a very little water over the flour and spring onion mixture and combine to make a very thick batter. The batter should not be runny.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the pakoras.
- Take a small portion of the prepared pakora batter and carefully drop it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry them in hot oil till they are crispy and golden.
- Remove them from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Now the Ulli Kadala Pakodilu or Spring Onion Fritters are ready to be served.
- Serve them hot with ketchup or chutney.
arif A siddiqui says
Very nice recipe I will try this today
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says
Thank you very much!
Camille Robins says
Can chickpea flour be substitutted for the besam?
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says