Bread Pizza Recipe – If you are in the mood for a homemade pizza but short of time or patience, and you need something that you can munch on at any time of the day, bread pizza is your guy.
What is Bread Pizza?
Bread pizza is, simply put, pizza but with bread as the pizza base. It is a ridiculously easy and quick pizza recipe that hardly takes 10-15 mins to make and the best alternative to regular pizza if you don’t have pizza dough handy. It is very similar to classic French Bread Pizza where a Baguette (A long and thin loaf bread with crisp crust) is used as the pizza base.
What are some Bread Pizza topping ideas?
I have used capsicum, tomato, and onion in this recipe. But, you can completely get creative with bread pizza. You can add your favorite vegetables, boiled sweet corn, baby corn or olives. As an example, Spinach bread pizza is an innovative leafy variant that I find very interesting to make.
What other ingredients can I add?
I have used dried oregano to flavor up the pizza, but you can use fresh basil instead of it. Use pizza sauce or tomato ketchup, both work well. If you are a fan of red chilli flakes, sprinkle some on the top.
What is the best type of bread to use for Bread Pizza?
Almost all kinds of bread will work for this recipe. You can use white or brown bread that are easily available.
Can I make Bread Pizza on the stove / pan / tawa?
Yes, you can make bread pizza without oven using a heavy bottomed pan or tawa. I will post the detailed process of how to make it on the stove in the future.
Few More Bread Recipes on the blog:
- Bread Rasmalai
- Bombay Vegetable Sandwich
- Lobia Sandwich
- Eggless Cinnamon French Toast
- Paneer Bhurji Toast
- Bread Besan Toast
- Bread Kaja
- Crispy Sweet Bread Toast
- Instant Bread Vada
How to Make Bread Pizza Recipe below:
Veg Bread Pizza Recipe
- 6 Bread Slices
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 6 tbsp Mozzarella Cheese or as required
- 3 tbsp Tomato / Pizza / Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Oregano / Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper Powder as required
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Spread the tomato/pasta sauce on one side of the bread.
- Then top with the chopped vegetables.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and oregano.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the vegetables.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 6 – 7 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Serve hot with red chilli flakes and tomato ketchup.