- Chopped Spinach : 1 cup
- Wheat Flour : 1 cup, heaped
- Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Cloves : 2 - 3
- Jeera / Cumin Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Blanch the spinach in boiling water for a few minutes and drain the excess water. Transfer to a bowl and cool down.
2. Grind the blanched spinach and garlic to a puree and set aside. Mix the wheat flour, salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and one tablespoon of oil in a wide bowl.
3. Add the ground spinach paste and mix well. Add required water to make a soft dough. The dough should be soft and smooth.
4. Set the dough aside and cover. let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into small balls. Then roll each ball into a circle, using wheat flour for dusting.
6. Put the roti on a hot pan, cook for a minute. Add a little oil around the edges, turn and fry the other side.
7. Take it out and serve hot with fresh yogurt or raita.