- Eggplants : 1/4 kg
- Dry Coconut : 3 tbsp
- Urad Dal : 2 tsp
- Chana Dal : 3 tsp
- Coriander Seeds : 1 tsp
- Dried Red Chillies : 6 - 8
- Cinnamon Stick : 1 inch piece
- Thick tamarind extract : 1 tsp
- Cloves : 3
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Sugar : 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnishing
1. Dry roast the coriander seeds, chana dal, urad dal, red chillies,cloves and cinnamon stick on medium flame until fragrant. Let it cool completely.
2. Grind the roasted spices, salt, sugar and grated dry coconut into a powder and set aside
3. Wash the eggplants and make a plus shape slit and stuff them with the ground masala.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add the stuffed eggplants.
5. Then add any remaining ground masala and little water to it. Cover with a lid and let it cook completely.
6. Now add the tamarind extract and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- You can also check other Curry recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Eggplants here
- Back to Recipe Index