- Elephant Yam : 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Chan Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies : 2 - 3
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 2 tsp
1. Wash, peel and chop the yam into medium size cubes.
2. In a saucepan, add the chopped yam, turmeric powder, salt and water and cook until yam pieces are tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and let them splutter.
4. Add the split green chillies and curry leaves to it and fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Then add the cooked yam and mix well. Switch off the heat and add the lemon juice and mix well.
6. Adjust the salt and serve with rice or roti.