|Vankaya Alasanda Kura with Jonna Rotte (Sorghum Roti)|
Chopped Eggplant / Brinjal : 4 cups
Dry Black Eyed Beans : 1/4 cup
Ginger : 1 or 2 inch piece
Green Chillies: 3
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal: 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal: 1/2 tsp
Cilantro / Coriander Leave: 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
Oil: 1 tbsp
1. Wash, rinse and soak the black eyed beans in lot of water overnight.
2. Drain water and cook until tender. Drain and keep the cooked beans aside.
3. Grind the ginger and green chillies to a paste and set aside.
4. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
5. Now add the curry leaves, chopped eggplants, turmeric and salt to it and combine well. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame until eggplants are soft.
6. Then add the cooked beans, chopped cilantro and ginger chilli paste and mix well.
7. Cook for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame. Serve with rice or roti.