Gram Flour/ batter : 2 and ½ cups
Water : 2 and ½ cups or more
For the sugar syrup :
Sugar : 2 ½ cups
Water : 1 ½ cups
Cardamom Powder : 1 tsp
A big pinch of Cooking Camphor (Pacha Karpooram)
For Garnish :
Cashews and Raisins
1. Mix together gram flour and water and keep aside. Heat ghee or oil in a wide vessel.
2. Pour the besan batter through the boondi ladle in hot oil and deep fry them till light golden color.
3. Remove from the oil and set aside.
4. Grind some of the boondi into coarse powder and set aside.
5. Mix the sugar and 1 ½ cups of water and make a one thread sugar syrup. Add the cardamom powder and cooking camphor to the sugar syrup. Turn off the flame and set aside. Mix the boondi, fried dry fruits and powdered boondi into the sugar syrup and leave for two hours.
6. Take a little portion of boondi mixture and shape into round and tight laddoos.
7. Store in a airtight container.
Other Names : Boondhi Laddoo, Bundi Ladoo.
hi, nice boondis i wanted to prepare it, if u leave for 2 hrs, does it not get hard become sweet boondi?
How many can you make with this recipe? They look so drooling.