- Maida / All Purpose Flour : 1 cup heaped
- Semolina : 1/4 cup
- Black Peppercorns : 1.5 tsp
- Ajwain Seeds : 1.5 tsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1.5 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Grind the peppercorns, cumin seeds and ajwain seeds into a powder.
2. Combine the flour, semolina, ground spices, salt and two tablespoons of oil in a wide bowl and mix very well.
3. Make a soft dough by adding the water little by little and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Knead the dough once again and divide into big lemon sized balls.
5. Roll the dough ball into a thin circle. Apply little oil on top and roll it over firmly like a tube.
6. Cut the roll horizontally, into small pieces. Then roll out the each piece into a thick disc.
7. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry them on low heat till golden brown color. Remove from the flame and let them cool completely.
8. Store in a airtight container and serve on a rainy day with a cup of hot tea.