Gulab Jamun Truffles Recipe – Soft, juicy and delicious Indian gulab jamuns are covered with white chocolate. A beautiful fusion Indian dessert for Diwali and Christmas!
What are gulab jamun truffles?
It is a fusion Indian dessert or sweet where the classic gulab jamuns are coated with white chocolate and decorated with rose petals and nuts to get the festive look.
Gulab jamuns are one of the famous Indian desserts, these are deep-fried khoya (milk solids) dumplings soaked in a cardamom flavored sugar syrup. They are super soft, juicy and just melt in your mouth.
I gave a fusion twist to this classic Indian sweet by coating them with white chocolate.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Looks super fancy and festive!
Anyone can easily make these with store-bought gulab jamuns.
Perfect for parties and festivals
Can be made beforehand
Makes a great Diwali gift!
Double or triple the recipe easily.
Gulab Jamuns – This is the key ingredient. You can easily buy them from any Indian sweet shop or online.
White Chocolate – I have used white chocolate chips in this recipe. You could also use almond bark or melting wafers.
Coconut Oil – Adding coconut oil is an easy way to thin out chocolate for easy dipping. It will make truffles shiny too. I highly recommend coconut oil in this recipe.
Rose petals & Pistachios – These are optional but they definitely enhance the look and taste of the truffles. You can any of your favorite nuts or sprinkles.
Can I use dark chocolate instead of white chocolate?
Absolutely! swap it with the same amount of the dark chocolate. I personally love these with white chocolate though.
I have used dried rose petals, pistachios and edible silver foil. Below are few more ideas.
Slivered or sliced almonds
Serve them chilled as a dessert
These can be a perfect edible gift during Diwali and Christmas!
These can be stored for up to 4 days in refrigerator.
Place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator.
Tips & Notes:
Use a good quality chocolate for the best taste and flavor.
If you are using chocolate slab, chop them into fine pieces, it will melt evenly.
Sprinkle toppings immediately, otherwise they won’t stick.
If you don’t want them super juicy, lightly squeeze the gulab jamuns to get rid of some syrup.
Step by step instructions
Take the gulab jamuns out of the sugar syrup.
Tap or gently squeeze to remove any excess sugar syrup.
Arrange them on a lined plate or tray.
Keep them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Heat some water in a pan or vessel over low heat and place a heat resistant bowl on top of the water pot.
Add chocolate chips and coconut oil into the top bowl.
Keep stirring with a spatula until it is almost melted.
Remove it from the heat and continue stirring until smooth and shiny.
Dip each chilled gulab jamun into the melted chocolate and coat it well.
Tap to remove the excess chocolate.
Place it back to the lined plate or tray.
Immediately, sprinkle rose petals and nuts on tops.
Refrigerate them for 10 minutes and serve!
You might love these recipes:
- Chocolate Makhana
- Thandai Chocolate Bark
- Instant Pot Vermicelli Kheer
- Apple Mawa Kheer
- Rice Paper Modak Rolls
- Walnut Halwa
- Makkan Peda
How to make gulab jamun truffles recipe video below
Gulab Jamun Truffles Recipe
- 8 Gulab Jamuns
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Dried Rose Petals for decoration (optional)
- Chopped Pistachios for decoration (optional)
- Edible Silver Foil for decoration (optional)
- Take the gulab jamuns out from the sugar syrup and arrange them on a parchment paper lined plate.
- Freeze them for about 30 minutes.
- Heat some water in a pan or vessel over low heat and place a heat resistant bowl on top of the water pot.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil into the top bowl.
- Keep stirring until it is almost melted.
- Remove it from the heat and continue stirring until smooth and shiny.
- Dip each chilled gulab jamun into the melted chocolate and coat it well.
- Tap to remove the excess chocolate and place them back to the tray.
- Garnish them with rose petals, nuts and silver foil.
- Let them set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and serve.
Nutrition values are estimates only.