Akhrot Ka Halwa or Walnut Halwa – Rich, nutty and delicious Indian dessert for winter.
Walnut Halwa or Akhrot Ka Halwa is a very delicious and rich winter dessert. Also, it is a super quick Indian dessert that can be made with only 5 ingredients. This winter dessert is perfect for Makar Sankranti festival.
I have Received top quality, fresh and organic Kashmiri almonds, walnuts and saffron from Kashmir Online Store and they are just amazing. I have made this halwa with their walnuts and saffron.
Few More Indian Sweets on the blog:
- Chukandar Ka Halwa
- Chena Murki
- Makkan Peda
- Apple Mawa Kheer
- Double Ka Meetha
- Carrot Coconut Milk Halwa
- Ranga Alur Puli Pithe
- Chocolate Peda
- Kesar Peda
How to Make Walnut Halwa Recipe Video Below:
Akhrot Ka Halwa Recipe - Indian Walnut Fudge / Halwa Recipe
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- A pinch of Saffron
- Grind walnuts into a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Combine milk, sugar and saffron in a vessel and let the sugar dissolves completely. Bring it a boil and remove from the flame.
- cover the milk and keep it aside until use.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. Add the ground walnuts to it.
- Keep stirring and roast over a low flame for about 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- When it is roasted, pour prepared hot saffron milk and combine together well.
- Mix very well for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee to it.
- Keep stirring and cook for 3-4 minutes or till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the pan and let it cool down a bit.
- This halwa will thicken as it cools.
- Transfer it a plate or tray and level it.
- Decorate with silver warq and cut into pieces.
Akhrot Ka Halwa Recipe with step by step photos:
- Measure one cup of walnuts and place them in a small mixie jar or blender jar.
- Blend them to make a coarse powder and set aside.
- Take milk, sugar and saffron in a vessel or saucepan and let the sugar dissolves completely.
- Bring it to a boil and turn off the flame. Cover the vessel with a lid and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a wide and heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the coarsely ground walnuts to the melted ghee and mix.
- Keep stirring and roast over a low flame until it is golden brown. It will take 7-8 minutes. Do not burn the nuts.
- When the nuts are roasted well and aromatic, pour the prepared hot saffron milk to it and mix it well together.
- Keep stirring over a medium flame for 2 minutes. Then add the remaining ghee to it and mix.
- Continue stirring for another 3-4 minutes or until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down a bit.
- Remember, this walnut halwa continue to thicken as it cools. Refer the above image for the consistency.
- Transfer the halwa to a plate or tray to cut into pieces or serve as it is.
- Decorate it with silver warq. This is optional.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂