Today is my 20th birthday and my Mom made this delicious Mango halwa for me. It is really good. Thank you mom for a yummy sweet.
- Select good, ripened mangoes and remove the skin. Make a pulp by putting it in a blender.
- Melt the ghee in a wide pan. And fry cashews to gold color. Take it out.
- In the same pan, add semolina and roast evenly on low flame. Then remove and and keep it aside.
- Place a heavy bottomed pan on fire. Take 1/2 cup of water and sugar. Heat them slowly untill the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, Add mango pulp, semolina and ghee. Mix the paste well, continuously. Cook the mango mixture on medium flame.
- When halwa’s texture change and thickens add fried cashews and cardamom powder.
- Stir continuously untill the halwa turns from the sides of the pan.
- Pour into a greased tray. Ready to serve..