Khoya Rava Laddu Recipe – Super simple and delicious Indian sweet balls made with semolina, mawa (milk solids), cardamom and nuts.
What is Rava Khoya Laddu?
It is a super simple Indian dessert or sweet ball made with semolina or sooji and khoya (milk solids). It is one of the easy Indian sweets that can be prepared under 30 minutes. We Indians make a variety of sweets or mithai during festivals like Diwali, Holi, Rakhi and Ganesh Chaturthi and these sooji ladoos are perfect to try on festive days.
These Sooji Mawa Ladoos
- are super easy to make
- can be stored for 4-5 days
- are perfect for festivals or gifting
- made with fewer ingredients
Semolina: Semolina is also known as sooji or rava in India. I have used the regular rava that we use to make upma. If you find the yellow coarse semolina, you can use it.
Ghee: Fresh homemade ghee will give the best taste and flavor to any Indian dish. Use the best quality store-bought ghee if you don’t have the homemade one.
Cardamom: I have used cardamom pods for the better flavor. If you have ground cardamom, use 1/2 tsp of it.
Nuts: Use any of your favorite nuts here. I used cashew nuts.
How long can I store them?
They will be good in an airtight container for 4-5 days at room temperature.
Why I am unable to roll them?
They need to be shaped when the mixture is still warm. If you are unable to roll them, add little more hot ghee or hot milk to it and try again. If you use milk, the shelf life of the sweet will be reduced.
- Serve them as a sweet snack along with a cup of coffee or tea.
- It can be served as a prasadam or naivedyam during festivals such as Ganesh Chaturthi or Navratri.
- Arrange them in a gift box and distribute to your friends and family on Diwali
Tips to make the best mawa rava ladoo:
- Always roast semolina over a low flame to prevent it from burning.
- Make sure the rava is a light brown color and roasted well.
- Do not add sugar powder when the mawa-semolina is hot.Let the mixture cools down before adding sugar. When it is warm enough to touch add ground sugar.
Few More Indian Sweets on the blog:
- Akhrot Ka Halwa
- Beetroot Halwa
- Makkan Peda
- Apple Mawa Kheer
- Double Ka Meetha
- Vermicelli Coconut Milk Payasam
- Besan Condensed Milk Burfi
- Fried Modak
- Chocolate Peda
- Gulab Jamun
How to Make Rava Khoya Laddu Recipe Video below:
Rava Khoya Laddu Recipe
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1/2 cup Khoya
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Cardamom
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Cashew Pieces
- Grind sugar and cardamom seeds together to a fine powder and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add and fry cashews to a golden brown color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same ghee, add semolina and roast on a low flame until light golden color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add khoya or mawa and roast on a low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine roasted semolina and roasted mawa in a mixing bowl and let it cool down a bit.
- When it is still warm, add powdered sugar and fried cashews to it.
- Mix everything well together.
- When it is still warm, shape the mixture into 10-12 laddus or balls.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Sooji khoya ladoo recipe with step by step photos:
- Add sugar and cardamom seeds in a mixie jar or blender and grind it to a fine powder.
- Keep it aside until use.
- Heat measured ghee in a pan and add the chopped cashew nuts. You can also use chopped almonds.
- Fry them to a golden brown color and remove out of the pan. Set them aside.
- In the same pan, add semolina and turn the flame to low.
- Keep stirring and roast it over a low flame for about 8-10 minutes or until it is roasted well and light brown color.
- Take it out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add unsweetened khoya and saute it for 4-5 minutes on a low flame and turn off the flame.
- Combine the sauteed khoya, roasted sooji in a mixing bowl or wide bowl.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Let it cool down a little. It should be warm enough to touch.
- Once it is warm, add ground sugar and roasted cashews.
- Mix everything well.
- If there are any lumps, break them with your fingers.
- Immediately roll the mixture into round balls when it is still warm.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.