South Indian Amchoor Rice Recipe
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 3-4 tsp Amchoor Powder / Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 10 Cashews
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 3 Dried Red Chilllies
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ⅛ tsp Hing
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and fry until light brown color.
- Add cashews, red chillies, slit green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder and hing and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add the cooked rice, salt and amchoor powder.
- Mix everything well until well combined.
Adjust the dry mango powder and chillies according to your taste
How to Make South Indian Rice with Dry Mango Powder Video:
Recipe updated with new photo and video on 29/11/2017