South Indian Amchoor Rice Recipe
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 3-4 tsp Amchoor Powder / Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 10 Cashews
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 3 Dried Red Chilllies
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ⅛ tsp Hing
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and fry until light brown color.
- Add cashews, red chillies, slit green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder and hing and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add the cooked rice, salt and amchoor powder.
- Mix everything well until well combined.
Adjust the dry mango powder and chillies according to your taste
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How to Make South Indian Rice with Dry Mango Powder Video:
Recipe updated with new photo and video on 29/11/2017