Ragi Vermicelli Upma – Finger Millet Semiya Upma Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves: 2 persons
Ragi Vermicelli: 2 cups
Green Chillies: 3 – 4
Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
Peanuts: 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds: ¼ tsp
Chana Dal: ¼ tsp
Urad Dal: ¼ tsp
Oil: 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon : 1
1. Soak the vermicelli in salted water water for 1 – 2 minutes.
Drain the vermicelli.
2. Steam cook the soaked vermicelli in idly plates
for 5 – 6 minutes.
3. Remove the cooked vermicelli and keep it aside.
oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and
let them splutter.
5. Add the chopped green chillies, curry leaves and
chopped onion to it and fry until onions are translucent.
6. Now add the
vermicelli and salt to it and mix well. Cover with a lid and let it cook
for a couple minutes on a low flame.
7. Switch off the flame and add the
lemon juice. Mix well and serve.
If you are looking for a dessert recipe with ragi vermicelli then do check this Ragi Semiya Kheer.