Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe – An easy Indian fried fritters made with chickpea flour and grated sweet potato.
These sweet potato pakoras are super simple and need only a few ingredients to make. If you are looking for more pakora recipes or snack recipes, check the below recipes as well.
Few More Snack Recipes on the blog:
- Sorakaya Vadalu
- Jodhpuri Mirchi Bada
- Broccoli Pakora
- Cabbage Pakoda
- Bread Pizza Recipe
- Methi Na Gota
How to Make Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe:
Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe
- 1 cup Grated Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup Chickpea Flour / Besan
- 1 - 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 big Onion
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mango Powder
- 1 - 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel and chop the onion into thin slices and set aside.
- Wash, peel and grate the sweet potato. In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, grated sweet potato, onion, salt, curry leaves, turmeric, amchur and red chilli powder.
- Mix very well and add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Take a small portion of besan and sweet potato mixture and drop them into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the fritters until golden brown and crispy and remove from the oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and coffee.