Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 40 cookies
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
- 4 tsp Dried Rose Petals
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Grind the sugar into a powder.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add the cardamom powder, rose water, salt and crushed dried rose petals to the butter mixture. Combine well.
- Mix well until incorporated.
- Shape the dough into a disc and wrap in plastic sheet.
- Refrigerate the dough for 40 minutes or until it becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Remove he chilled dough from refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to a 5mm thickness.
- Lightly dust the dough before and during rolling.
- Then cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Take them carefully with a spatula and place them on a cookie tray spacing about 1 in apart.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: