Recipe Source: Eggless Desserts by Nita Mehta
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour / Maida
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ½ cup Oil
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Sieve flour and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
- Grease an 8″ round cake pan with oil and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat bell until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Let it rest for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the vanilla essence and oil to it and mix well.
- Add the flour in 2 batches and gently fold the mixture until the batter shows no trace of flour. Don’t overmix or overbeat.
- Pour this batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 180 degree C and bake it for 30 – 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Brush the top of the cake with milk 8 – 10 minutes before the ending time to get a glaze.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 15 – 20 minutes and then invert.
- Let it cool completely and cut into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
You might also like to check these eggless recipes: