Snowball Cookies Recipe
Hari Chandana PWorldCookies
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 50 – 60 small cookies
Recipe Reference: Joy of Baking
- 1 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Corn Flour / Corn Starch
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl, whisk together the corn flour, maida and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and combine well.
- Then add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Mix well until incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for an hour or until it becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch small balls and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Remove from oven and place them on a wire rack to cool for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- If you want, sprinkle the top of the cookies with more powdered sugar before serving.
You might also like to check these recipes: