If you are looking for more Indian halwa recipes then do check Kasi Jaggery Halwa, Besan Ka Halwa, Milk Rava Kesari, Pumpkin Halwa, Bread Halwa, Mango Lapsi, Custard powder halwa and Rava Kesari.
Sweet Potato Halwa Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2 - 3
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 Sweet Potatoes medium sized (approx. 1 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato)
- 5 tbsp Sugar or as needed (depends on the sweetness of the sweet potatoes)
- 4 - 5 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Boil and peel the sweet potatoes. Mash them well and set aside.
- Soak the saffron in warm milk for a few minutes. Crush it well and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add and fry the cashews until golden color. Then add raisins and fry until they plump up. Remove from the pan and keep them aside.
- In the same ghee, add the mashed sweet potato and mix well.
- Saute for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and saute till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Then add saffron milk and cardamom powder and combine well.
- Reduce the flame to low and keep on stirring the halwa for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Then add the roasted cashews and raisins and mix.
- Turn off the flame.
- Serve the sweet potato halwa war or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Methi Paratha
- Aava Pettina Daddojanam
- Aloo Palak Gravy
- Mint Coriander Chutney
- Mamidikaya Pulusu
- Vegetable Ragi Semiya Upma
- Shakarkandi Chaat
- Pyaz Ki Kachori
- Corn methi pakora
- Peanut Murukku
- Karam Kajalu
- Banana Chips