Chocolate Peda Recipe – An easy and delicious Indian mithai or sweet dish made with khoya, sugar and cocoa powder. One of the best diwali sweets recipes!
What is Peda?
Peda is an Indan sweet dish made with khoya or mawa (milk solids). It is a most famous mithai or sweet from Mathura, India. Milk or milk solids and sugar are the main ingredients and it is usually flavored with cardamom powder and saffron.
What is Chocolate Peda made of?
The base ingredients of peda are khoya or mawa and sugar. You will need to add unsweetened cocoa powder to make this easy chocolate peda. You can add your favorite nuts to enhance the taste and texture but it is completely optional.
How long does Chocolate Peda last?
They stay good for 2 days at room temperature and for a week in the refrigerator.
Chocolate peda is so simple to make and can be done in 12-15 minutes. They are the best if you are planning to prepare Indian sweets for festivals such as diwali, holi or raksha bandhan. They are perfect as a diwali gift.
More Diwali Sweets Recipes:
- Akhrot Ka Halwa
- Chena Murki
- Makkan Peda
- Kesar Peda
- Bread Kaja
- Chocolate Stuffed Gulab Jamun
- Gur Para
- Mawa Coconut Jaggery Ladoo
- Dodha Burfi
- Khoya Gulab Jamun
How to Make Chocolate Peda Recipe below:
Chocolate Peda Recipe
- 1 cup Unsweetened Khoya crumbled
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- Almonds for garnishing
- Take the crumbled khoya in a pan and heat for a minute.
- Add milk and sugar and mix well.
- Let the sugar dissolves completely.
- Keep stirring over a medium-low flame until the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down.
- When the mixture warm enough to handle, knead it into a smooth dough. Grease your hand with little ghee if needed.
- Divide the mixture into equal-sized balls.
- Shape them into flat discs and press lightly chopped almonds in the center.
Nutrition values are estimates only.