Kesar Mawa Peda Recipe – How to make Saffron Peda
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Makes: 10 pedas
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Unsweetened Khoya / Mawa, crumbled
- ¼ cup Sugar
- A pinch of Saffron
- 1 – 2 tbsp Milk
- ⅛ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Soak saffron in hot milk for 5 minutes and crush it well. Keep it aside.
- Take the crumbled khoya in a pan and fry for a minute.
- Add the saffron milk, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Let the sugar dissolves completely.
- Keep stirring on medium – low flame until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, knead it into a smooth dough. Grease your hands with little ghee if needed.
- Divide the peda mixture into 10 equal sized balls.
- Shape the balls into flat discs and press them with a peda mold.
- Let them set and cool down.
- Consume within 2 days.
You might also like to check these Recipes: