Dahi Chura is a healthy and delicious recipe made with flattened rice / poha, yogurt, jaggery, fruits and nuts. It is a traditional Bihari breakfast that is usually served during Makar Sankranti festival. This simple dish can also be served as a snack or dessert. You can use any of your favorite fruits and nuts to top this dahi chura.
Few More Makar Sankranti Recipes:
- Nuvvula Laddu
- Ranga Alur Puli Pithe
- Rava Pulihora
- Kobbari Poornalu
- Kova Kajjikayalu
- Bellam Paramannam
- Karumbu Chaaru Pongal
How to Make Bihari Dahi Chura Recipe Video Below:
Dahi Chura - A Bihari Breakfast Recipe
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¾ cup Poha
- 3 tbsp Jaggery
- Fruits and Nuts to garnish
- Wash poha with water and drain completely.
- Keep it aside for a few minutes or until it is soft.
- Combine the yogurt and jaggery in a mixing bowl and mix everything well.
- Add the soaked poha to the yogurt mixture and mix together well.
- Garnish the dahi chura with chopped fruits and nuts and serve.
Nutrition values are estimates only.