Dry Fruit Fried Modak Recipe – Crispy deep-fried dumplings stuffed with nuts, coconut and jaggery filling.
Dry Fruit Fried Modak is a delicious and easy modak recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi festival. I have given a twist to the traditional Fried Modak Recipe where we stuff the modaks with jaggery and coconut filling. Instead of the traditional filling, I am using nuts, jaggery and desiccated coconut filling to make these modaks more delicious.
Few More Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes:
- Rava Modak
- Banana Modak
- Nuvvu Poornam Kudumulu
- Prasadacha Sheera
- Suji Kakara Pitha
- Ammini Kozhukattai
- Bajra Modak
- Godhuma Kudumulu
- Undralla Payasam
- Ukadiche Modak
How to Make Dry Fruit Fried Modak Recipe Video below:
Dry Fruit Fried Modak Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add slightly heated ghee and mix well.
- Make a soft dough by adding water little by little.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Dry roast the coconut until light brown color and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the almonds and cashews until brown color and set aside.
- Dry roast the poppy seeds for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Coarsely grind the almonds and cashews. Then add the powdered jaggery and cardamom powder to it and blend again until well combined.
- Transfer the ground mixture to a bowl and add the roasted coconut and poppy seeds. Mix everything well.
- Make 10 -12 balls out of the ground nuts mixture. Keep them aside.
- Make round balls out of the prepared dough.
- Roll the dough ball into a thin circle/puri.
- Cut the puri with a round shaped cutter.
- Place the prepared nuts ball in the center.
- With your fingertip or brush, apply little water around the edges of the puri.
- Then pleat the edges as shown in the video. Now gather all the edges together in the center.
- Pinch the edges together and seal it properly.
- Prepare all the modaks and keep them covered.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Gently drop the modaks in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them over a medium flame, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels. Serve warm!