Kobbari Poornam Kudumulu / Modak / Mothagam / Sweet Kozhukattai Recipe
Hari Chandana PSouth IndianDessert
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Makes: 10 – 15
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- ½ cup Powdered Jaggery
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
For Outer Layer:
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Water or as needed
- 1 tsp Ghee
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the coconut and jaggery in a pan.
- Mix well and let the jaggery dissolves completely. Cook on a medium flame.
- Stir continuously until you get a thick mixture. When it thickens add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool. Shape the mixture into round shape balls and set aside.
- Add water, salt and a teaspoon of ghee in a saucepan . Bring the water to a rolling boil and turn off the flame.
- Take the rice flour in a mixing bowl. Add the boiling water little by little to the flour and mix it well with a spatula.
- Let it cool for 2 – 3 minutes. When it is still warm knead it well to make a soft dough. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Grease your hands with some oil / ghee and divide the dough into round shape balls. Shape the dough ball into cup.
- Place the coconut stuffing in the center and carefully pleat the edges.
- Then gather all the pleats together in the center very carefully.
- Pinch the together to seal it properly. Repeat the same procedure until all the dough finishes.
- If you are not able to make the pleated modak shape, just make it round. See jowar modak to make round modaks.
- Arrange them on a steaming plates or idli plates and steam cook for 10 – 12 minutes. Your modaks are ready!
You might also like to check these Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes: