If you are looking for more Ganesh Chaturthi recipes then do check Tambittu, Undrallu, Kakara Pitha, Rava Payasam, Chana Dal Payasam, Pappulo Undrallu, Palathalikalu, Dates Jowar Modak, Teepi Undrallu and Rava Kudumulu.
Here’s a full list of Vinayaka Chavithi Recipes.
Rava Modak Recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Makes: 15
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut, grated
- ½ cup Jaggery, powder
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
For Outer Layer:
- 1 cup Semolina
- 2 cups Water
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Combine the coconut and jaggery in a pan and let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Cook on a medium flame.
- Stir continuously until you get a thick mixture.
- When the mixture thickens, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Take 2 cups of water, sugar and a teaspoon of ghee in a vessel.
- Bring the water to a rolling bowl.
- Slowly add the semolina to the boiling water and mix well to avoid lumps.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook for a few minutes or until the semolina gets cooked.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- When the semolina mixture is warm enough to handle, grease your palms and knead the mixture to make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and set aside.
- Divide the coconut stuffing into 15 equal portions and set aside.
- Flatten the each dough ball and keep pressing with your greased finger to form a disc or cup.
- Place the coconut stuffing ball in the center.
- Bring the edges together and seal it well.
- If you want to make pleated modaks, refer this Modak Recipe.
- Repeat the same procedure until all the dough finishes.
- If you are not able to make the modak shape, just make it round. Refer Poornam Kudumulu to make round modaks.
- Arrange them on steaming plates or idli plates and steam cook on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool and serve!